OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

492,617 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chazzed said:

It's intriguing how the "anarchist" and "more-enlightened-than-anybody progressive" (with 103 accounts) are de facto Trump supporters and, without fail, downplay interference by other countries. If thlat is what being enlightened means, I'll have no part of it.
It's intriguing how after more than 3 years of this BS and new information that's coming in, that's all you can say.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Krugman Is A Moron
sycasey said:

chazzed said:

It's intriguing how the "anarchist" and "more-enlightened-than-anybody progressive" (with 103 accounts) are de facto Trump supporters and, without fail, downplay interference by other countries. If thlat is what being enlightened means, I'll have no part of it.

They are not Trump supporters. They are so devoted to the standard "both parties are equally bad" narrative (because that allows them to snipe from the sidelines and not have to commit to anything) that they start to look like they're supporting the party that, right now, actually is worse than the other. You kind of have to do that to keep the narrative going.
"I care a lot more about outcomes about having my beliefs manifest as change in the world, than I care about preening and posturing for the approval of LARPing online liberals"
Anarchistbear
I think if you look at the fact that -40% of the country won't bother to vote and that the two parties approval ratings are In the 40% -then we most likely represent an underrepresented majority position in the country among a minority group of cultists.
chazzed
No doubt. That is why I used de facto as a qualifier. However they think they come across, they appear as out of touch as anybody.
Krugman Is A Moron
chazzed said:

No doubt. That is why I used de facto as a qualifier. However they think they come across, they appear as out of touch as anybody.
I think all of the independents in this country think that you are out of touch.
Anarchistbear
chazzed said:

Read this thread all the way through if you want to know what being out of touch with reality is.
sycasey
chazzed said:

Absolutely.
BearForce2
FBI official on Mueller probe said team had 'get Trump' attitude.

Quote:

William J. Barnett, who served on both probes, described one of Mr. Mueller's deputies, Jeanne Rhee, as "obsessed with Flynn and Russia" and "she had an agenda."

Mr. Barnett said the evidence in the Russian collusion probe was so flimsy that he and others mocked it by turning it into a game. The game, dubbed "Collusion Clue," involved Mr. Barnett and colleagues picking one person doing one activity in any location and they would try to spin it into evidence of Russian collusion.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Californium
Matthew Patel said:

"I care a lot more about outcomes about having my beliefs manifest as change in the world, than I care about preening and posturing for the approval of LARPing online liberals"
(ROTL) and hows that working out for you? Seriously?

Let's take one of your professed beliefs: healthcare. Sure, the ACA was a crappy basically republican health care plan. It was only slightly better than what we had before and was, at best a stopgap measure because it was all they could do at the time.

Presumably your desired outcome is better healthcare, but to you, Hillary was equally as bad as Trump so you don't care that she lost. So instead of moderately bad healthcare and an administration that would actually like to have an even better healthcare plan (despite the Senate blocking it at the moment), you got an administration that doesn't give a damn about healthcare except inasmuch as it can make rich people money and three new Supreme Court Justices that will overturn the ACA and make healthcare worse in this country. That is not a better outcome.

You don't give a **** about outcomes no matter what you say. I don't know what you care about, but your actions (and your words) demonstrate quite clearly that it is not outcomes.

(To save you some typing: I am not a democrat and abhor ALL political parties as partisanship obviously *******izes the system of government we purport to follow)
Krugman Is A Moron
Quote:

"Presumably your desired outcome is better healthcare, but to you, Hillary was equally as bad as Trump so you don't care that she lost.
I held my nose and voted for Hitlery. No way did I want Trump to be president.
Krugman Is A Moron
Californium said:

Matthew Patel said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/useful-idiots-glenn-greenwald-reality-winner-trump-pardon-snowden-1062491/

He just nails you entitled cvnts so perfectly.
Californium
Matthew Patel said:

I am honestly surprised to hear that. You write like you actually hated Hillary MORE than Trump. You write about Biden the same way (it's why a few other posters have taken calling you a republican), so I would have expected you to write in Bernie or someone more to your liking. (As you have pointed out, you live in California, so you will be voting for Biden, no matter what, thanks to the (BS) electoral college)

So have you changed your thoughts on this since 2016? If so, why?, If not, why are you so dismissive of those of us who did the same thing and intend to do the same thing again in November?
Californium
Matthew Patel said:

Californium said:

Matthew Patel said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/useful-idiots-glenn-greenwald-reality-winner-trump-pardon-snowden-1062491/

He just nails you entitled cvnts so perfectly.
Thanks for the link. I thought that quote was you talking. Now that you've added some context I see you were quoting Glenn Greenwald from that RS article. (While you did use quote marks, you neglected to attribute the quote, leading to the possibility of misinterpretation of your post).

I'm sure Greenwald will be successful in convincing Trump to not only reverse his assault on the free press, but actually pardon Assange and Snowden because he went on Tucker Carlson's Show /s

Not sure what else he or anyone could do, but to trumpet that act as proving one cares about results when you clearly won't get any is somewhat missing the mark in my opinion. The unnecessary insulting of whatever group "online liberal LARPers" is only detracts further from the message - just as your "entitled cvnts" comment does for whatever message you are trying to convey.

Neither statement says anything about one's commitment to outcomes.

Krugman Is A Moron
Californium said:

Matthew Patel said:

I am honestly surprised to hear that. You write like you actually hated Hillary MORE than Trump. You write about Biden the same way (it's why a few other posters have taken calling you a republican), so I would have expected you to write in Bernie or someone more to your liking. (As you have pointed out, you live in California, so you will be voting for Biden, no matter what, thanks to the (BS) electoral college)

So have you changed your thoughts on this since 2016? If so, why?, If not, why are you so dismissive of those of us who did the same thing and intend to do the same thing again in November?
Well, me voting for Hitlery in 2016 did jack-all to stop Trump from being president because this country is full of morons who think that a career con-man for President was a good idea and still think so four years later.

If I lived in a state where my vote had a chance to count, I would have a hard decision.
Californium
Matthew Patel said:

If I lived in a state where my vote had a chance to count, I would have a hard decision.
I am honestly curious: if you lived in a swing state, what would be the factors in your decision?
Krugman Is A Moron
Californium said:

Matthew Patel said:

I am honestly curious: if you lived in a swing state, what would be the factors in your decision?
How much I want to vote against something versus how much I want to vote for something.
Krugman Is A Moron
sycasey
Two things can be true:

1. The ACA was not enough to solve the entire health care crisis in the US.
2. The ACA is still better than what we had before.
Californium
Matthew Patel said:

Californium said:

Matthew Patel said:

How much I want to vote against something versus how much I want to vote for something.
Right. Of course. But I was hoping for details. If you lived in a swing state, what would you consider possibilities for your vote and what factors would weigh into your decision?
Krugman Is A Moron
Californium said:

Matthew Patel said:

Californium said:

Matthew Patel said:

Right. Of course. But I was hoping for details. If you lived in a swing state, what would you consider possibilities for your vote and what factors would weigh into your decision?
What details are there to be had? My choices are for a conman who uses the power of his presidency to benefit himself and screw the rest of the country or a guy who has lied so many times over the years and presided over a country that favors Wall Street and large banks to the detriment of ordinary citizens and screw the rest of the country.

There are no details. Both these options suck and you all should be embarrassed that these are the two choices that the citizens of this country decided were the two best options to lead it.
BearForce2
James Comey, he's back....

The FBI and special counsel's horrible, terrible, miserable week

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/518675-the-fbi-and-special-counsels-horrible-terrible-miserable-week

Californium
Matthew Patel said:

What details are there to be had? My choices are for a conman who uses the power of his presidency to benefit himself and screw the rest of the country or a guy who has lied so many times over the years and presided over a country that favors Wall Street and large banks to the detriment of ordinary citizens and screw the rest of the country.

There are no details. Both these options suck and you all should be embarrassed that these are the two choices that the citizens of this country decided were the two best options to lead it.

Well, I am not sure why I personally should be embarrassed, but I agree that the choices of candidates are terrible. What I am trying to get at is if/how you differentiate between them or if, as your quote above seems to indicate, you don't differentiate, what would you choose, and why. I won't push it after this as it seems maybe you just are not interested in sharing your thought process, but I'll try one more time first.

It seems to me, under the current system (I agree the current system sucks and should be changed so we can choose from among better candidates) you have 4 choices: vote for Trump, vote for Biden, write in another name, don't vote. It seems to me that one of Trump or Biden will be the winner, so that if you choose onr of the other two choices, you are not part of the decision, so if you make one of those choices, why did you choose not to be part of the decision (remember, in this discussion we are talking about if you were a swing state voter to your choice could actually help affect the outcome). If you choose one of the two prinicple candidates, what are the factors that influence your decision?
calpoly
Californium said:

Matthew Patel said:

Well, I am not sure why I personally should be embarrassed, but I agree that the choices of candidates are terrible. What I am trying to get at is if/how you differentiate between them or if, as your quote above seems to indicate, you don't differentiate, what would you choose, and why. I won't push it after this as it seems maybe you just are not interested in sharing your thought process, but I'll try one more time first.

It seems to me, under the current system (I agree the current system sucks and should be changed so we can choose from among better candidates) you have 4 choices: vote for Trump, vote for Biden, write in another name, don't vote. It seems to me that one of Trump or Biden will be the winner, so that if you choose onr of the other two choices, you are not part of the decision, so if you make one of those choices, why did you choose not to be part of the decision (remember, in this discussion we are talking about if you were a swing state voter to your choice could actually help affect the outcome). If you choose one of the two prinicple candidates, what are the factors that influence your decision?
He is a Bernie or bust supporter. He is still pissed that Bernie lost and does not understand why. It's rather simple, Bernie had four years to grow his base. Unfortunately Bernie's message is not popular enough in the United State right now.
oskidunker
I thought about a star trek episode and this." They say there's no devil, Jim, but there is! Right out of Hell, I saw it!"
Go Bears!
BearForce2
https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/519570-comey-rule-exposes-entertainment-reportings-blinding-partisanship

'Comey Rule' exposes entertainment reporting's blinding partisanship

Quote:

We've known since the Mueller Report dropped last year that the narrative surrounding President Trump and Russia wasn't what we were told. It wasn't for lack of trying or a dearth of investigative cash.
That hotly anticipated report dealt the collusion narrative an uppercut. The last few months supplied the knockout punch. Consider what we've just recently learned:

• FBI agents snatched up liability insurance during the Russia investigation, knowing how rickety the framework was at the time.
  • The Steele Dossier, a key source driving the investigation, disintegrated upon inspection. The latest sign? We just learned that a suspected Russian operative served as a primary sub-source for the report.
You'd think some of this information would have made it into the entertainment stories covering "The Comey Rule," starring actor Jeff Daniels as Comey. After all, those three items alone broke in the last week or so.
And you'd be wrong, of course.
bearister
tRump is a traitor. Very few don't know it. Of the handful who post here that pretend not to know it, many of them are in time outs because of how high strung and unhinged they are.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
bearister said:

tRump is a traitor. Very few don't know it. Of the handful who post here that pretend not to know it, many of them are in time outs because of how high strung and unhinged they are.
Blueblood? Did he find the tax records?
bearister
Blueblood will never get suspended. He is a baller and the Mods know that.

BearForce2

Comey, the Democrat homie.

bearister
" Rothkopf provides an important roadmap through the massive evidence of collaboration between the Trump campaign and the Russian secret services including 272 contacts between "Trump team members and Russian-linked individuals, in almost 40 meetings", noting that "at least 33 high-ranking campaign officials, and Trump advisers" were aware of these contacts, including, of course, Trump himself."

Traitor review: American perfidy, from Benedict Arnold to Donald J Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/oct/18/traitor-review-benedict-arnold-donald-trump-david-rothkopf?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
BearForce2
Deep state
BearForce2
BearForce2
AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.