OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

487,602 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Given that half the country didn't vote, the coming civil war will be confined to Twitter.
B.A. Bearacus
Dear Casey, I would like to request the following song for someone who I know if having a really bad day. Signed, B.A.

B.A. Bearacus
Seven minutes of Rachel with Lanny Davis. Sounds like Trump has a lot more hurt coming.
bearister
Roy Cohn on Senator Joe McCarthy:

" 'I was fully aware of McCarthy's faults, which there were neither few nor minor," Cohn recalled. 'He was impatient, overly aggressive, overly dramatic. He acted on impulse. He tended to sensationalize the evidence he had in order to draw attention to the rock bottom seriousness of the situation. He would neglect to do important homework and consequently would, on occasion, make challengeable statements.' The urge to overstate, to overdramatize, to dominate the news, could be costly, and so it proved to be for McCarthy. The Wisconsin senator, Cohn said, was essentially a salesman. 'He was selling the story of America's peril,' Cohn recalled. 'He knew that he could never hope to convince anybody by delivering a dry, general accounting office type of presentation. In consequence, he stepped up circumstances a notch or two' and in so doing he opened himself to attacks that proved fatal. He oversold, and the customers, the public, tired of the pitch, and the pitchman." Jon Meacham, The Soul of America, Ch. 6, pp.202-203

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Anarchistbear
Cohn= Cohen...both Trump attorneys, both disbarred.

MAGA, my attorney got arrested
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
NYCGOBEARS will sit down to a bagel and this tomorrow morning:

NYCGOBEARS
Another Bear said:

Buttercup? Lmao. I love Avenatti.
bearister
Methinks Pence is getting his freak on tonight. He knows he is only a Manafort Special Prosecutor deal away from the Oval so it is time for some typical Republican Evangelical Christian celebratory hijinks. After he gets forgiveness for tonight's debauchery, he will start getting governing instructions direct from God.

mikecohen
bearister said:

This may be the only day I have felt joyous about current events since the day that orange tub of guts "won" the election. This is the beginning of the f'ing end. Paulie Walnuts will sing to avoid life in prison and connect all the dots between tRump and Russia. Many good days to come!

tRump went DOWN today!

Today reminded me of that moment in the early 1970s, when, in the midst of a years-long bummer in my life, which just happened to coincide with the presidency of Richard Nixon, I walked into a friend's house, and saw on the TV the first real indication that the forces of justice were stronger than Mr. Nixon. It was as if the sun shone for the first time in years, and I was allowed to feel good.
Another Bear
So Pence is going to grab his wife's butt tonight...or just pray?

Pence in many ways is worse than Trump. Perhaps that won't matter as I predict Pence will get the full Gerald R. Ford treatment. He will be mocked for not being elected and he'll get all the crap that the media couldn't stick to Trump. It will not be pretty and I believe it will hurt like a motherfccker.

That said...PRISE THE LORD OR THE HIGHER POWER.
sonofabear51
AB, I hope you are correct. It is time.
Start Slowly and taper off
mikecohen
blungld said:

...and FOX reports on Iowa (white girl dies at hand of brown person--while no reports on who knows how many people of color died this week)) while they downplay today's events. It's only the biggest Presidential scandal in 50 years, but hey, no biggie. They actually said "no one really cares about this in America and it has nothing to do with the President".

There should be serious criminal accountability for knowingly acting as propaganda and misleading the American people--and some official definition of news. They are repugnant.
But, I was duly impressed: The Iowa story, on Hannity, with Hungarian Nazi-sympathizer Sebastian Gorka berating immigrants, FEATURED a sincere and impassioned plea from Geraldo to keep the million-to-one good immigrant to bad immigrant ratio (I slightly exaggerate for effect) in mind, and the effect on the good ones of Fox's inordinately powerful demonization of the bad ones.

Geraldo (who shares a last name with the alleged murderer) remembered vividly how, when his family moved from Manhattan (majority P.R. neighborhood) to Long Island (Puerto Ricans in the extreme, despised minority), every time a crime was committed, his father would pray to God that the accused did not have a Hispanic name.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
iwantwinners:

BearChemist
I have a feeling that OneNote and 003 will disappear for a while even from the Republican music threads. Need more surfing pics!
Yogi58
BearChemist said:

I have a feeling that OneNote and 003 will disappear for a while even from the Republican music threads. Need more surfing pics!
You obviously don't read a lot of right-wing opinions. The spin doctors will have explanations for them toot sweet.
bearister
The Russian bot farms are furious at our celebration.

okaydo
blungld
B.A. Bearacus
Trump's boy Manny ain't no dirty rat.

concordtom
President Pence will be a placeholder for the remainder of the term, and then out he goes.
Another Bear
blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

I can't even begin to get my head around the Trumpspeak that it is a "sad day for the country" that Manafort was convicted. I know it just amounts to deflection and speaking in code, but if I am Trump supporter, how am I supposed to read that quote and make sense of it? Most of his idiot talking points have some basic kernel of truth that he twists--but where is it here?

So a guy he says he barely knew, who barely worked for his campaign (and yet has his full attention and defense) is caught and convicted by a jury in a very favorable court for 8 counts...and that is sad? Were we supposed to be rooting for the criminal to not get caught? Was the evidence inaccurate? Was the jury or trial rigged? What makes it sad? There are cases of fraud throughout the country--why is this one sad?

He says there is no connection to him or to collusion though this is man who has long ties to Russia and was on the take from oligarchs and worked with Trump before in deals with connections to Russia and re-wrote the Trump platform to be favorable for Russia. Those are some real simple dots to connect--but no there is nothing to directly connect Trump (yet), I mean he was only his FRIGGIN CAMPAIGN MANAGER!

This is from a man who attacks people with no evidence who are either not indicted, not convicted, or for whom there is no actual evidence of a crime, and yet he will call them guilty without hesitance. But Manafort who is actually convicted and seemed to actually do pretty well all things considered, is NOT guilty in Trump's mind and shouldn't be attacked or criticized? This is a good person?

It really does only come down to one thing: ethics, morality, justice, and doing right is not about law or social mores, it is only about loyalty to Trump. So, if you are the Pope but criticize Trump you are dirty, but if you are a loyal murderer you are a good person. It's absolutely sick and totalitarian...and Republicans just keep goose-stepping along with it like this is acceptable in America. Their party by extension has become one big mafia family where his supporters seem to be tacitly approving the "code" of omerta and the inherent logic of the noble criminal and protecting ones own.

I've never experienced group think in this way and never thought American ideals would fall this quickly and for such bad reasons.

Look back at these threads from 2 years ago. We were all predicting the slippery slope of Republican "values" and a moving of the goal posts, but I never thought they would still be poo-pooing with this mountain of evidence and the crimes we are currently seeing play out before us. I can't believe they have been convinced that Liberals are so evil that this still is worth their loyalty and that this is better than giving an inch to the Dems.

They have literally polluted and corrupted our country with banners of MAGA and simplistic financial, jingoistic sloganeering thinking. It's the same corrupt force that tears down so many countries and civilizations...and these horrible small minded people actually think they are the good guys. Every good stormtrooper doing his job and thinking they are the rebel.
BearChemist
Yogi Bear said:

BearChemist said:

You obviously don't read a lot of right-wing opinions. The spin doctors will have explanations for them toot sweet.
The talking point is in: According to Sarah Sanders, the president has not been charged with any crime.
blungld
BearChemist said:

Yogi Bear said:

BearChemist said:

The talking point is in: According to Sarah Sanders, the president has not been charged with any crime.
Such a soaring high bar set for the great office of President. The Founders would be proud. I am sure they meant to add a description in the Preamble about the greatness of the office amounting to not being charged with a crime. I mean if there's no collusion, then by process of elimination he must be doing a real bang up ethical job. I didn't commit murder today, I am a model citizen.
sycasey
BearChemist said:

Yogi Bear said:

BearChemist said:

*This year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University#Allegations_of_impropriety_and_lawsuits
mikecohen
blungld said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

I can't even begin to get my head around the Trumpspeak that it is a "sad day for the country" that Manafort was convicted. I know it just amounts to deflection and speaking in code, but if I am Trump supporter, how am I supposed to read that quote and make sense of it? Most of his idiot talking points have some basic kernel of truth that he twists--but where is it here?

So a guy he says he barely knew, who barely worked for his campaign (and yet has his full attention and defense) is caught and convicted by a jury in a very favorable court for 8 counts...and that is sad? Were we supposed to be rooting for the criminal to not get caught? Was the evidence inaccurate? Was the jury or trial rigged? What makes it sad? There are cases of fraud throughout the country--why is this one sad?

He says there is no connection to him or to collusion though this is man who has long ties to Russia and was on the take from oligarchs and worked with Trump before in deals with connections to Russia and re-wrote the Trump platform to be favorable for Russia. Those are some real simple dots to connect--but no there is nothing to directly connect Trump (yet), I mean he was only his FRIGGIN CAMPAIGN MANAGER!

This is from a man who attacks people with no evidence who are either not indicted, not convicted, or for whom there is no actual evidence of a crime, and yet he will call them guilty without hesitance. But Manafort who is actually convicted and seemed to actually do pretty well all things considered, is NOT guilty in Trump's mind and shouldn't be attacked or criticized? This is a good person?

It really does only come down to one thing: ethics, morality, justice, and doing right is not about law or social mores, it is only about loyalty to Trump. So, if you are the Pope but criticize Trump you are dirty, but if you are a loyal murderer you are a good person. It's absolutely sick and totalitarian...and Republicans just keep goose-stepping along with it like this is acceptable in America. Their party by extension has become one big mafia family where his supporters seem to be tacitly approving the "code" of omerta and the inherent logic of the noble criminal and protecting ones own.

I've never experienced group think in this way and never thought American ideals would fall this quickly and for such bad reasons.

Look back at these threads from 2 years ago. We were all predicting the slippery slope of Republican "values" and a moving of the goal posts, but I never thought they would still be poo-pooing with this mountain of evidence and the crimes we are currently seeing play out before us. I can't believe they have been convinced that Liberals are so evil that this still is worth their loyalty and that this is better than giving an inch to the Dems.

They have literally polluted and corrupted our country with banners of MAGA and simplistic financial, jingoistic sloganeering thinking. It's the same corrupt force that tears down so many countries and civilizations...and these horrible small minded people actually think they are the good guys. Every good stormtrooper doing his job and thinking they are the rebel.
Just because I have been guessing right lately on the Trump-think of his base, I think the mindset (don't confuse them with factual details) is:

(1) Who doesn't lie (or fudge) on their tax returns?, or on loan applications (I mean, often enough, the banks tell you what to say to get across)?

(2) Who wouldn't pay off an ex-mistress or one-night-stand to stay out of trouble with one's wife, or to spare her feelings (especially if you're rich; and all these good looking women are throwing themselves at you, while you're so often away from home, and you're a real man); and

(3) so Manafort's and Cohen's big mistake was being friends with and loyal to Donald Trump, and so when the deep state wanted to attack the only guy (Trump) who cares about us left-behinds (coal miners, factory workers, rural hunters, working class folks, evangelicals), and actually knows how we feel and talks our language, then the low-hanging fruit is to just comb the loan applications and tax returns of these good men for the normal, usual discrepancies you'll find in everybody's applications and returns, and throw the book at them, with the full force of the deep state.
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
Scene credits:

Man holding gun: Trump
Man behind closed door: Cohen
Ladies: Melania and Ivanka
bearister
In Trump's right-wing media universe, it was a day like any other - The Washington Post

https://apple.news/AoBt2q4ykSBuMwAVzAGuJyw
bearister
"Michael Cohen knows information that would be of interest to the special counsel, in my opinion, regarding both knowledge about a conspiracy to corrupt American democracy by the Russians, and the failure to report that knowledge to the FBI," Lanny Davis told MSNBC. The Guardian
Next time someone says "What evidence is there of tRump being involved in a conspiracy with the Russians to influence the Election?" tell them Michael Cohen will be providing eyewitness testimony in the matter, which is also known as direct evidence. Mr. Manafort will probably also shortly be providing eyewitness testimony on the same issue, unless tRump pardons him or the Russians put a hit on him.
B.A. Bearacus
Lots of miles left in this engine.

Another Bear
Speculation is that this is the hidden info. Buried in Cohen's guilty plea was this overlooked info, that Cohen paid a tech company $50k. The thing is, it's not Cambridge Analytica or other tech company that were reported in regular accounts. Also, why use the same slush fund/dummy corp that paid hush money to Stormy and the playboy model?

The obvious inference here is this was paid hacking (Russkie?) connected to the Trump campaign.

Michael Cohen paid a mysterious tech company $50,000 'in connection with' Trump's campaign
Quote:

• President Donald Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, made a previously unreported payment of $50,000 to a tech company in connection with Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.
  • The document detailing the payment does not say which company Cohen paid the money to, or what, exactly, the company did for him.
  • The payment suggests that Cohen may have been doing more for Trump, and for the Trump campaign, than had been previously known.

prospeCt

"Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it ", if so inclined, & beneficent 🙏🏼

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.