OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

492,578 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The Trump Shutdown. Nancy owns the Mushroom.
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
Frankly this isn't so bad. He'll still have a life.

Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen gets 3 years in prison, blames Trump for his 'path of darkness'
concordtom
Another Bear said:

I love it when she says, "then go do it!"
concordtom
dajo9 said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

I think if this leads to the downfall of the Moron..I would be okay with a reward for Flynn. More reward if they bring down the entire Trump's criminal empire!
I will be really disappointed if Flynn does no jail time. He should do even a little stint - like a month or so. The American people deserve a mug shot of that traitor.
For the uncouth "Yeeaaah, Lock Her Up" chant, I want more than a mugshot. I'd throw a tomato at him (or more, it has to be a head shot).

concordtom
dajo9 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

blungld said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

This is how FoxNews.com is framing today's news right now for their audience of brainless, amoral zombies:

There needs to be legal consequence for propaganda like this. There needs to be a "news" license that can be revoked and criminal accountability for KNOWINGLY deceiving the American public. This is so destructive for so many Americans.
I can't tell if you're parodying Trump or being serious. There is a police for the media - it's called the media.
Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse. The media is rewarding itself despite being completely rolled.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/11/media/time-person-of-the-year-2018/index.html
I liked the choice!
It's an issue that does matter for us all now.
And an aside that they are giving themselves a moral pat of encouragement on the back while saying, "this matters".
I got no problem with that.
But the irony you point out is there, true.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Hot air buffoon.

It was VERY interesting to me to watch the posturing. I actually think Trump restrained his inner inclinations well.

1) he looked at Schumer directly, leaning forward, and spoke forcefully. This is an attempt to intimidate,a nd from all accounts, were they behind closed doors, or were it someone on the WH staff, trump would have exploded on Schumer.

2) Schumer, whom you could tell was seething with hate and disgust inside, tried not to allow himself to be hypnotized by Trump by looking away. Smart move. Trump has power when he gets into you. My approach would have been the same because if I were to look at him, I'd probably have wanted to rage on him, too, and then it would have just been ON!

3) Nancy did a good job balancing fighting back with decorum. She doesn't have as loud a voice, just from a decibels level, which I thought was unfortunate, but she did a great job at deflecting and inviting the conversation to continue without cameras. I thought that was skillfully done. She is a smart person, despite being like 77 years old? Wow, I hope I still have my marbles then.
blungld
Feel it closing in!
Feel it closing in!
Day in.
Day out.
Day in.
Day out.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
concordtom
Seeing those photos on the prior page of Schumer, Pelosi, and Trump made me think...

Washington and Jefferson are looking down on him, literally.
They can't believe he's one in the line.
They are going to impeach him when he gets to heaven.
Er, um, never mind. He ain't going there.

concordtom
blungld said:

Feel it closing in!
Feel it closing in!
Day in.
Day out.
Day in.
Day out.
Is that a sexual reference?
Anarchistbear
I doubt Schumer was seething with hate. Trump has been donating to his election campaigns since 1996.
Another Bear
Anarchistbear said:

I doubt Schumer was seething with hate. Trump has been donating to his election campaigns since 1996.
Agree, Schumer wasn't hating...he was mocking and having a great time because he just burned Trump. At one point, after the North Dakota comment, he turns the camera and smiles/mugs for it.

Interesting commentary out there that it was how two New Yorkers talk/bicker, give each other a hard time but no hard feelings.
Another Bear
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

I love it when she says, "then go do it!"

bearister
Another Bear said:

Frankly this isn't so bad. He'll still have a life.

Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen gets 3 years in prison, blames Trump for his 'path of darkness'

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear

Damn straight. Grandma destroyed the Mushroom Nationalist and she didn't raise her voice.

She deserves to be House Leader after that performance. Nancy Pelosi...BADASS.
BearNIt
Mueller will complete his investigation, but it is:

- The testimony of Cohen, Trump's Fixer
- The testimony of Allen Weisselberg, Trump's money guy who has an immunity deal and has been with Trump since 1974.
- David Pecker and AMI who will provide testimony and evidence in exchange of a plea deal not to prosecute.
- The new New York State Attorney General who has said she will look into every aspect of his companies and charities
- Every US attorney and Prosecutor that wants a piece of Trump to further their career

They will get others to flip, dismantle Trump's life, his marriage, his companies, go after Kushner, Ivanka, Eric, and Donald Jr., and put them all in jail if possible as co-conspirators.
prospeCt

https://theconversation.com/how-dostoevsky-predicted-trumps-america-63799

Anarchistbear
prospeCt

bearister
Trump Inauguration Spending Under Criminal Investigation by Federal Prosecutors
Probe looking into whether committee misspent funds and top donors gave money in exchange for access to the administration. Wall Street Journal

tRumpland s springing so many leaks that the Little Dutch Boy can't even help him.

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Now Mueller going Middle East:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/get-ready-for-muellers-phase-two-the-middle-east-connection
blungld
TRUMP: I did nothing wrong...

...All I did was cheat on my wife many times...

...lie about it to everyone...

...agree to payouts to people with damaging info on me to hide it from the public...

...set up phony corporations to hide money trails...

...had the media cover up my cheating and other sordid parts of my character...

...cheated on my taxes and money laundered...

...partnered with mafia and criminals for decades...

...divided the country on all wedge issues and stated numerous racist and sexist positions..

...protected sexual predators including myself...

...riled anger and anxiety throughout the country intentionally...

...sought deals to get richer even if it compromised national security in violation of emoluments and lied about that too...

...obstructed justice at every turn and worked to rig elections...

...put a bunch of cronies in positions of power everywhere to tear down our government and regulations on corporate greed and misconduct...

...ruined our valued alliances and sided with the worst political figures in the world...

...messed with everything good and decent about America all as a political ploy to appeal to the least informed...

...used my fake religiosity and patriotism to fool people...

...haven't held any sincere belief in anything other than my own awesomeness...

...basically did every selfish and unethical thing I could think of for power...

...oh and lied about that too...

..BUT, I never did anything ILLEGAL...

... and look the economy is great (even though I exaggerate that and had little to do with it and it is starting to decline).

So, what's the problem? MAGA!

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
sonofabear51
Nice summary, and I think there is more that can be added to the list. Hopefully, the wagons are circling and getting closer. Time for this charade to end.
Start Slowly and taper off
bearister
concordtom
The only people who defend his lies at this point are those who don't want to admit they were wrong for supporting him and believing him. That's my theory. I mean, they can't actually think he's a good guy, can they?

25% approval rate for Nixon on the day he resigned. Some people don't want to admit that their hometown team, say, Al Davis' Raiders, was being led by a prik?
concordtom
Thanks for that list. I have long wanted the long list of his dirty deeds to be spelled out. I realize this is just a start.

Promoted a culture a lying and attacking those who question him. See:
Sean Spicer
Kellyanne Conway
Sarah Hickabee Sanders
concordtom
Cohen this morning!

concordtom
Another Bear
The GOP, Wing Nuts and Deplorables know the Mushroom Nationalist is a LIAR, criminal and cheater...BUT he's their liar, criminal and cheater...and ultimately they go with him.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
AunBear89
Another Bear said:

The GOP, Wing Nuts and Deplorables know the Mushroom Nationalist is a LIAR, criminal and cheater...BUT he's their liar, criminal and cheater...and ultimately they go with him.
The term that springs to mind is "Useful idiot". First it was W, now it's Cheeto Benito. All they need from either one of these mental midgets is a functioning right hand that can hold a pen and sign a bill or Executive Order.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dajo9
I believe, for the most part, Trump's supporters either 1) do not believe that America is a country for everybody. It is a country for themselves (typically white, evangelical). Or 2) they are greedy (this speaks for itself).

As for group #1, it is good to have this out in the open now. We know what we are up against. A white, evangelical movement that believes the country should be for them and everybody else is a second class citizen. They are so happy to finally have a President that supports their view they are willing to overlook his lies and corruption. This is merely an inconvenience in their path to progress for themselves. Trump is a necessary evil to achieve the goals they have, which is a white, evangelical nationalism.

A goal that is as hopeless as it is scary.
American Vermin
bearister
The Corruption of the Republican Party

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/12/how-did-republican-party-get-so-corrupt/578095/
concordtom
OMG
I find this incredible. Incredulous!
First, Geraldo is essentially coaching the prez that he needs to stick firm that the payments were to protect Melania from knowing (not the country 2 weeks before the election).
Then the couch bozos are coaching that the senate just really needs to stick together,
Then Geraldo says if they can ward off impeachment, maybe trump can build some momentum for reelection in 2020, and Steve Ducey points out that then the Statue of Limitations would have run out by 2024! Incredible that that's how they are all viewing the current downfall of the President.

Finally, Geraldo apologizes for such downer news on this day.

These guys, and this station, is a joke.

NYCGOBEARS

Lyrics are spot on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.