OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

492,460 Views | 3284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear

6 a.m. wake up call!
Peanut Gallery Consultant
blungld
With WH continuing to back pedal on almost every stance of this investigation, how does anyone still continue to believe anything they say? I mean seriously what is wrong with the critical thinking skills of nearly 80% of Republicans? Is the greed that good? Is the belief in symbols over substance that blinding?

You can take that as a partisan bash, but I am seriously wondering: how does one become that "loyal"? There is no way a corrupt Democrat who had done the same would have that popular support by their "base"--we'd want them tossed out and arrested. This particular obsession with winning, on beating Libs, on keeping power no matter what to prevent this made-up horrifying vision of the Armageddon of progressive policy (while ironically being titillated and joyous about the possibility of a Biblical Armageddon) is uniquely Republican.

So now the WH has basically retreated all the way to yes there was collusion but the President didn't do it. If that is their position you can only have one of two conclusions: 1) They are telling the truth and so he hired corrupt people and managed them terribly therefore he is an INCOMPETENT president, or 2) They are lying and so he too colluded and therefore he is a CORRUPT and incompetent president. There isn't a scenario of their own description where he is a noble, intelligent, diligent defender of justice and America.

I've got no more patience and forgiveness for the loyalists' cognitive dissonance.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
bearister
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/22/nyregion/michael-cohen-otisville-prison.amp.html
B.A. Bearacus
And it's just round 1.

Yogi58
blungld said:

With WH continuing to back pedal on almost every stance of this investigation, how does anyone still continue to believe anything they say?

Because this country is full of stupid people. If it wasn't, Trump never would have been elected in the first place.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

In other Mueller news...looks like he is trying to crack the NRA - Russian connection and by golly, might be good for Merica. Also the House Dems are going look at Deustche Bank, money laundering and Anthony Kennedy and his son. And Maxine Waters, new House Financial Comm chair, met with Dimon and Solomon, CEOs of J.p. morgan and Goldman Sachs.
Quit f/n talking about all the things Dems are going to look into and start calling hearing. Jfc, what the hell is taking so long?
concordtom
Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

With WH continuing to back pedal on almost every stance of this investigation, how does anyone still continue to believe anything they say?

Because this country is full of stupid people. If it wasn't, Trump never would have been elected in the first place.
Watch on Netflix two films:

1) Experimenter. Tells how susceptible we all are to suggestion, propaganda, following others.
2) Get Me Roger Stone. Tells how some people will brazenly try to mislead you and not only Not Care, but also be proud of doing so!

Most people are too busy working, raising children, watching Star Wars to realize they are bing hoodwinked.
bearister
Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

1. A majority of Americans cannot name a single branch of government or explain what the Bill of Rights is;

2. 24% can't name the country that the U.S. fought in the Revolutionary War;

3. 2/3 don't know what the holding of Roe v. Wade is;

4. 2/3 don't know what the Food and Drug Administration does;

5. 50% don't know each state has two senators;

6. More than 50% can't name their congressman;

7. The average voter thinks 24% of the U.S. budget goes to foreign aid (less than 1% does);

8. 18% thinks the sun revolves around the earth;

9. 50% don't know that Judaism predates Christianity
oski003
bearister said:

Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

1. A majority of Americans cannot name a single branch of government or explain what the Bill of Rights is;

7. The average voter thinks 24% of the U.S. budget goes to foreign aid (less than 1% does);

Does military aid to Europe, Southeast Asia, Africa, and South America count as foreign aid?
Another Bear
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

In other Mueller news...looks like he is trying to crack the NRA - Russian connection and by golly, might be good for Merica. Also the House Dems are going look at Deustche Bank, money laundering and Anthony Kennedy and his son. And Maxine Waters, new House Financial Comm chair, met with Dimon and Solomon, CEOs of J.p. morgan and Goldman Sachs.
Quit f/n talking about all the things Dems are going to look into and start calling hearing. Jfc, what the hell is taking so long?
Those are coming. It's still January and there was a shutdown. But alas, the House Dems hold key committee chairs and they're going to investigate the FCCK out Trump. Intel, Oversight, Finance....and the chairs are seasoned and competent. Methinks late Feb things start to crank up and maybe something big in March.
blungld
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

There does seem to be more talk and less seizing the reins and getting these investigations going and public.

I hope it is because there is some coordination with Mueller and other investigations and need to roll out evidence in a certain order. But I am worried that as they start moving into the territory of the corporacy they get their wrists slapped and start protecting THEIR party interests from loss of donations. Do they have the guts, fortitude, and commitment to justice to uncover corruption whomever it punishes?

Another Bear
Rep. Schiff from CA has sent Mueller all the Don Jr. congressional hearing transcripts from Intel-Comm hearings. Mueller is going to review those like he did Stone's testimony, which led to his indictment. The important factor here is the transcripts (and lying on record) are pretty much open and shut, because it's on record.

Looks like Don Jr. is next in the indictment line.
blungld
bearister said:

Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

The worst thing about stupid people is they don't know they are stupid.

It wasn't too long ago that the stupid, uneducated, or inexperienced had deference for expertise and intelligence (remember we are supposed to prize "greatness"?). Now we have the internet and a political party that vilifies these things and enables every dumb opinion, and the stupid have concluded not just that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that they are all of equal value.

Looking at my opening comment...maybe I am stupid and don't know it. Oh wait, that tends to be the litmus: if you pause to consider your own stupidity you probably aren't.

blungld
Another Bear said:

Rep. Schiff from CA has sent Mueller all the Don Jr. congressional hearing transcripts from Intel-Comm hearings. Mueller is going to review those like he did Stone's testimony, which led to his indictment. The important factor here is the transcripts (and lying on record) are pretty much open and shut, because it's on record.

Looks like Don Jr. is next in the indictment line.
Glory be.

I don't know why I, but the detail I can't stop thinking about and want to know almost more than anything else is who made that call to Don Jr during the tower meeting? That has stuck in my craw, and bugged me to no end that it was dismissed by the Republicans.

On my "inquiring minds want to know" list is (besides the obvious collusion question):
  • Who made call to Trump Tower?
  • Did Cohen go to Prague?
  • Who ordered the platform change before the Republican convention?
  • What happened in Seychelles?
  • What other payments have been made to women for their silence?
  • Was Nunes directed by Trump to obstruct investigations and spill classified info?
  • What do the Trump tax returns show?
  • What did Trump and Putin discuss in their private meetings and who "allowed" those meetings to happen in secrecy?

concordtom
Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

I was born into a Cal family since about 1905. 3 generations before me. I grew up hearing about my dad playing with Craig Morton, my grandfather marching with The band in the Rose Bowl, and I myself at age 14 was at The Play. It became my culture and historical identity.

I did not go to Cal. But do you think I'd be well positioned to switch parties and vote for someone from Stanford?

It's same at:
Michigan-Ohio St.
Oklahoma-Texas
Auburn-Georgia
Duke-UNC
Florida-Florida St.
Harvard-Yale
Republicans-Democrats
Germans-French
French-English
Barcelona-Real Madrid
Cowboys-Indians
Us-Them

We are Pack animals. Wolves.
We like to identify and announce ourselves in bright colors.

If the team we were with played a really ****ty game, has bad management, and the players cheat, we don't leave the stadium and switch colors. We get angry. We defend, honor loyalty, and vow to come back better next year (even though as fans we have nothing to do with next year's outcome). Only if this down streak happens over many many years do we go silent, and only then contemplate switching sides. The fair weather fan is a rarity.

concordtom
blungld said:

concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

There does seem to be more talk and less seizing the reins and getting these investigations going and public.

I hope it is because there is some coordination with Mueller and other investigations and need to roll out evidence in a certain order. But I am worried that as they start moving into the territory of the corporacy they get their wrists slapped and start protecting THEIR party interests from loss of donations. Do they have the guts, fortitude, and commitment to justice to uncover corruption whomever it punishes?
And all the while, he remains President and his assault on environmental protections continues.
Amid the chaos, how much money money in govt contracts to his unknown boys is happening?
His delay tactics are surely working just fine for him.
He doesn't care about his reputation, losing in the polls, impending investigations.
He's got his own score card, and he knows he's doing better than he ever has before. Big Time!
B.A. Bearacus
Speaker of sharply tipped truths about the president and guy that Anarchistbear hates with a passion:
bearister
What exactly would the line look like that tRump would have to cross...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/1/29/18202515/trump-putin-russia-g20-ft-note

I hope our Praetorian Guard is running a counterintelligence operation where they are feeding false information to tRump knowing he is a conduit to the Russians.
B.A. Bearacus
Graham upset about how Stone was treated. Click for Rocah's thoughts.
Another Bear
Oh for fcck sake...

Quote:

Sarah Sanders: God wanted Trump to become president

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders claimed Wednesday that President Donald Trump's presidency was part of a higher calling.

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president," Sanders said during an interview with Christian Broadcast Network News. "And that's why he's there, and I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about."

The president has long touted his Christian faith, and his presidency was overwhelmingly supported by white evangelical voters.

bearister
"Hitler was convinced to the end of his life that he was obeying his God." Richard Weikart
golden sloth
I have a random hypothetical procedural question. If Mueller finishes his report, submits it to the Justice Department, and the Justice Department does not make the findings public, couldn't the House just subpoena it?
bearister
golden sloth said:

I have a random hypothetical procedural question. If Mueller finishes his report, submits it to the Justice Department, and the Justice Department does not make the findings public, couldn't the House just subpoena it?

..and subpoena Mueller and then tRump will apply for an injunction based on alleged Executive Privilege and National Security concerns and it will end up in the Supreme Court.
blungld
bearister said:

...will end up in the Supreme Court.
And then we are all screwed, just like they planned.

It was never about babies. Always about not being prosecuted.

Cal Junkie
blungld said:

bearister said:

Exactly this, Mueller's report, unfortunately, is dead on arrival. We're deeply ****ed.
dajo9
Cal Junkie said:

blungld said:

bearister said:

Exactly this, Mueller's report, unfortunately, is dead on arrival. We're deeply ****ed.
We just have to win the 2020 election. The 2018 election has already pretty much made Trump a lame duck. Win the 2020 election and it will all come out. With Trump in the White House the criminality will continue.
Another Bear
ducky23
Cal Junkie said:

blungld said:

bearister said:

Just put woj on the story, he will find the report guaranteed
bearister
"In early 2016, with Donald Trump lending tens of millions of dollars to his presidential campaign, he sought a loan from Deutsche Bank, one of the few banks still willing to lend him money and got turned down, the N.Y. Times' David Enrich, Jesse Drucker and Ben Protess scoop.

Among the concerns of senior officials at the bank "was that if Mr. Trump won the election and then defaulted, Deutsche Bank would have to choose between not collecting on the debt or seizing the assets of the president of the United States."
Why it matters: "The failed loan request ... shows that he was actively engaged in running his business in the midst of the presidential campaign, and it is likely to attract scrutiny from Democrats on two House committees that are investigating his two-decade relationship with Deutsche Bank." Axios
Unit2Sucks
ducky23 said:

Just put woj on the story, he will find the report guaranteed

I'm surprised that you of all people haven't called for Romo to weigh in. Obviously Romostradamus knows where this is all going.
kelly09
blungld said:

bearister said:

Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

The worst thing about stupid people is they don't know they are stupid.

It wasn't too long ago that the stupid, uneducated, or inexperienced had deference for expertise and intelligence (remember we are supposed to prize "greatness"?). Now we have the internet and a political party that vilifies these things and enables every dumb opinion, and the stupid have concluded not just that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that they are all of equal value.

Looking at my opening comment...maybe I am stupid and don't know it. Oh wait, that tends to be the litmus: if you pause to consider your own stupidity you probably aren't.
The truth is the avarage Trump voter would be much more conversant in the above than the typical Dem voter.
bearister
kelly09 said:

...The truth is the avarage Trump voter would be much more conversant in the above than the typical Dem voter.

With the exception of those that attend his rallies or wear MAGA headgear, naturally.
Another Bear
bearister said:

"In early 2016, with Donald Trump lending tens of millions of dollars to his presidential campaign, he sought a loan from Deutsche Bank, one of the few banks still willing to lend him money and got turned down, the N.Y. Times' David Enrich, Jesse Drucker and Ben Protess scoop.

Among the concerns of senior officials at the bank "was that if Mr. Trump won the election and then defaulted, Deutsche Bank would have to choose between not collecting on the debt or seizing the assets of the president of the United States."
Why it matters: "The failed loan request ... shows that he was actively engaged in running his business in the midst of the presidential campaign, and it is likely to attract scrutiny from Democrats on two House committees that are investigating his two-decade relationship with Deutsche Bank." Axios
And somehow Anthony Kennedy and his son (who handled the Trumnp accounts Deutshe Bank) are connected to this whole mess. At the very end of this whole freakin' mess, I think Kennedy's legacy is going to take a hit. Trading on a gentleman's agree to replace him is one thing...his son waving though $1 bil in loans, with Trump's credit and bankruptcy record, is another matter.

**** Anthony Kennedy and his son...with a 100' stanford tree.
Unit2Sucks
kelly09 said:

The truth is the avarage Trump voter would be much more conversant in the above than the typical Dem voter.

I'm not familiar with the word "avarage". Does it refer to the most civic-minded Trump voters?

My understanding is that Trump "loves the uneducated" and that the more educated a region was, the more likely it was to vote for Clinton over Trump. Is there some reason to believe that people with lower educational attainment would respond more accurately to these queries?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.